I found the recipe for these muffins in The Hummingbird Bakery 'Cake Days' recipe book. It suggests the following ingredients make 10-12 muffins although I found it too make 15.
300g plain flour
155g caster sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
85g unsalted butter (melted)
*I would advise to use more berries than the recipe recommends to make sure each muffin has an equal amount*
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C/gas mark 5. Line the tin with muffin cases.
2. Sift together the flour, 115g of the sugar, the baking powder, the bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a jug mix the milk, vanilla essence and eggs.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk and egg mixture - beat until smooth.
5. Add the melted butter and mix to incorporate.
6. Stir in the berries by hand, making sure they are evenly distributed in the batter.
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin cases, filling each up to two-thirds full and sprinkle the tops with the remaining sugar.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top and bounce back lightly when pressed. Leave in the tin for a short while, the transfer t a wire rack to cool.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know in the comments if you make them and what you think.