Sunday 26 January 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine // School

Today I thought I'd share with you the makeup products I use on a daily basis as part of my everyday/school makeup routine. 


Face:
For foundation I love Bourjois 'Healthy Mix Serum'. I picked up shade 53 (Beige Clair) which is a perfect match for my skin tone. It is easy to blend and evens out the skin tone to give it a lovely semi-matte finish. It is definitely my favourite finish in terms of foundation as it’s not overly dewy so that it looks a little bit oily on the skin, but it’s not so matte that it highlights dry patches or looks a little too powdery. I like to use one pump of the foundation as it gives medium coverage although the coverage is buildable. This foundation is £10.99 which is quite pricey for a drugstore foundation but I really love the formula. Buy it HERE.

Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' concealer is perfect for under the eyes because it is a brightening concealer. I used the applicator to swipe the product under the eyes and then blend in using my ring finger. You can buy it HERE for £5.49. There is 7ml of product in this and it lasts for a long time (I've had mine since July and it's nearly finished now - 6 months later).
For blemishes I like to use MAC 'studio finish' concealer and apply it with my fingers. The concealer is quite high coverage but does not feel cakey. I have the shade NC20 which is perfect for my skin tone. If you are unsure of what shade to get, the ladies in the MAC store are super helpful and so lovely. The concealer is quite pricey at £15 but I think it is well worth it. You can find it HERE.
I like to set my face makeup in place using Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder. I have the shade 'Warm Beige' but they have a variety of shades which includes a translucent powder. This would allow you to set your base makeup without adding any more coverage.
Eyes:

Sometimes I like to wear a small amount of neutral eyeshadow. The 'Heaven and Earth' palette from MUA has the perfect mix of shimmery and matte neutrals and is a bargin at just £4.



For mascara I love Maybelline 'The Rocket Volum' Express' in the colour black. This mascara gives the perfect mix of length and volume to your lashes and is not clumpy. You can buy this HERE for £7.99.


I don't fill in my eyebrows but I like to just set them in place using a clear mascara. At the moment I am using this cheap one from MUA which does the job perfectly.
Lips:

To moisturise my lips I use Vaseline, this is the 'Rosy Lips' version and I love it! This is just £1.99 and can be found HERE.
I don't like to wear lipstick to school so this Revlon Lip Butter in the shade 'Juicy Papaya' is the perfect 'your lips but better' shade and is super moisturising.
---

So there we have it; my most used makeup products. What's your favourite everyday product? Feel free to let me know in the comments.

Charlie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment