Sunday 25 January 2015

A Healthy Way To Start The Day

If you read my New Years Resolutions post, you will know I want to be healthier this year. Not that I eat that badly, but I want to think more about what I am eating and feel generally happier with my body. 

With this in mind, I have started by tackling breakfast; the most important meal of the day. Instead of  just having toast or skipping breakfast, I have started having granola with yoghurt (and sometimes a little bit of honey or some fruit), delicious

Breakfast: Granola with Yoghurt and Honey. Coffee.

I have discovered Rude Health 'The Ultimate' granola which is the perfect mix of oats/spelt/barley and nuts (almonds and hazelnuts). This granola doesn't contain any fruit and therefore has a low sugar level compared to most granolas. I like to have my granola with plain yoghurt; any type will do really, just whatever you prefer. 

---
Charlie xx

5 comments:

  1. I used to always skip breakfast, and honestly it's now my favourite meal of the day! I'm always switching it up, avocado on toast is my favourite!! :) xx

    - Hira | http://www.theartofexisting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, love avocado on toast :) x

      Delete
  2. Hi, I really like your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. The details of of what to do etc are on my blog. Look forward to seeing your responses. Alexandra :)

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love granola with berries and yoghurt (especially strawberries!) - I've found that healthy smoothies are also good for starting off the day :)
    www.theotherdreamgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete